Monday, May 9, 2011

mothers day

Hi Everyone,

thank you for being patient with me. As I said before, if there are little to no improvements there will be no post, so just continue to bear with me as I post on this as much as time allows me.

SO far she is still improving a little each day. she is still in a minimal conscious state and is trying to wake up and do somethings.

According to Dr. Waters, its seems that they have subsided the seizures. Now they arer working on different medications to try to wake her up.

She hasn't had any new tests run.

she has more regular sleep and wake patterns is seems, and she has been awake more and trying to do little things.

She can still follow some simple commands, it just takes longer to process.

She is trying hard to talk and do somethings its just more difficult for her to do them at times.

Yesterday I spent a nice day with her. It was somewhat warm and we were able to take her outside and and we brought buddy to the hospital and he was able to jump up and lick her and she winced like she didn't like it. It was nice to finally have her outside, you could tell she liked being in the sun and soaking up the rays. She is with us, she can hear us... she is taking some well deserved time and rest.

Keep praying. Good day and God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear she's improving. I'm sure she is pleased that you spent Mother's Day with her yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always promising to hear that she has small steps in progress. This is all we can hope for, there is no doubt she is trying. I am sure she was thrilled to be outside and have the love of her family with her on Mother's Day. I think of her daily, always keeping her in my prayers.
    Love,Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie, I am sending you birthday love and prayers. A great big "Happy Birthday" to you. Today is your day 5/17, I will miss celebrating with you.
    Your May birthday pal.
    Much love, Barbara

    ReplyDelete