Sunday, July 10, 2011

Saying Goodbye...

This may be the easiest way to get the word out.

On Friday, July 8, my mom suffered from another cardiac arrest. She is stable and somewhat back to her same condition.

After speaking with the doctors and getting several opinions, the family has decided to respect Valerie's wishes through the discontinuation of medical care and make her the most comfortable as she passes.

This decision, as difficult as it is, is the best choice for Valerie after the doctors informed us that her brain has begun to atrophy and her ability to recover from another inevitable cardiac arrest would be hard to overcome. Starting tomorrow evening, comfort care will begin.

We ask that you please respect the family in this time of grief and give us the space to say our goodbyes. For those who wish to say goodbye please call before coming by the hospital for address or directions.

Please continue to look for updates on the blog as the arrangements for the funeral are in place I will be making phone calls and posting information.

God Bless.

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Valerie,

    You have touched so many hearts and have left an imprint of love and laughter on all who have known you. My prayer is that your transition is peaceful for you.
    My love and prayers go out to you Amanda and Aaron.

    God bless you and may peace be with you.

    I will forever cherish our friendship.
    Love, Barbara Sardella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie-You were so wonderful to go to and spend sometimes till the early morning hours getting our hair done and chatting. We have missed since we moved. I cant believe you out of anyone would have ended your journey this way as you were the healthiest person I ever met. Amanda would do you proud till the end and I remember you bragging through her cheer and college. God Bless you amanda and I will pray nonstop for you at this time of loss. Christine and I loved your mom and we are so sad for her to pass at such a young age. Prayers to the whole family..... hugs, Joan & Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie is one of the most awesome people I have ever known. We went to see her Sunday, I was so sad and selfish wishing we could keep her here. The family knows what my Thumper would want and only God knows why this is the path she is to take. I pray He is with you Valerie and walking you into a peaceful destination. I don't know if you are suffering but I know for certain this hurts many of us deeply. All our love Maria, Susie, Margie and Tom.
    It was wonderful to know you and you inspired so many... May your legacy be carried on by your children and friends!

    Love Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Valerie,

    I am grateful to have known you. I pray that the transition for you will be a peaceful one and may you feel the love of God wrap around you and hold you close. I pray that Amanda and Aaron can find strength at such a difficult time.

    God Bless you all. You will truly be missed Valerie.

    Love, Judi Nelson Pitcher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valerie,
    We had so much fun together it was a joy working with you and water skiing and partying together. you were the hardest working woman I have ever known nothing could keep you down. you were such are inspiration to all. I will miss you.
    strength & blessings to the family
    all our sympathy & sorrow
    Mary Ann & Mark Toney

    ReplyDelete